In a world where everyone wants to be a MasterChef it’s so refreshing to see a show like Nailed It! This is a program where three amateurs try to make complex cakes and confectionaries. No surprises that individual results may vary. The show’s second season is coming to Netflix so we have put together the top five things you need to know.
1. This series actually sees a group of contestants tackling savoury snacks. This is because in one particular episode, the guest judge is Johnny Hekker, an American footballer who plays with the L.A. Rams.
2. Episode three is the highlight of this season. You have a southern belle burning microwave popcorn, an overconfident hipster throwing meat into a container and an adorable bloke who uses crackerjack cheese as nibblies instead of a vegetable called jicama.
3. Host, Nicole Byer is an absolute queen. Whether she’s hamming things up or being distracting in the “Nicole Nags” buzzer segment or just hitting on the show’s Thor-like God, Wes, there is no doubt that she will get you laughing.
4. You can learn things from this show, not least a fine lesson on how not to mix up sugar and salt. In one episode, a magic unicorn cake is the challenge and chocolatier and judge, Jacques Torres reveals the secret to the rainbow frosting effect. Nice.
5. This show is full of fails. It’s a bit car crash TV and you can sit there smugly knowing you’d never forget to grease your cake pan or forget to test a cake with a toothpick before letting it cool down and plating it up. Sure that’s probably what those contestants thought too but we’re different and actual cooks right?
Nailed It! premieres worldwide on Netflix on Friday, June 29th.