Looking to get in touch with the editorial team?
For almost all direct inquiries – this includes music, film, TV, arts, travel, food & podcasts– please contact our editorial team at [email protected] The editors and assistant editors rotate day to day, though for your reference their names are below.
Editors: Chris Singh, Bruce Baker, Jodie Sloan, David Smith and Simon Clark
Assistant Editors: Danica Jones and Michelle Contarino
It’s important to note that the AU review is a volunteer organisation and so we won’t be able to reply to every e-mail, but never hesitate to follow up – and you can see some other e-mail tips below if you’re struggling to get a response from our team. But before that, here are some other contacts for you…
If you’d like to add us to your press release mailing list, please add [email protected].
If you’d like to chat Books, Simon Clark is your man at [email protected].
For Travel, Lifestyle & Food related content, you’re welcome reach out to Chris Singh directly, our head writer in those sections – [email protected].
If you’d like to chat Video Games or Technology, David Smith is your man at [email protected].
For all advertising and competition inquiries please contact our team at [email protected].
Founding Editor Larry Heath still writes from time to time and you are welcome to contact him directly for opportunities such as interviews and travel opportunities at [email protected].
Struggling to get a response from our team? Don’t want to / can’t spend money with the AU? We’re not pay for play, but we are a volunteer team – so we’re limited in what we are able to publish every week, and what we’re able to reply to.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind when pitching to the AU:
- Though we do publish some news, we are not a news site. We are not racing to be first on a story. So, if you send us a press release, we will see if there’s a way we can angle it accordingly, and chances are it may not end up in the cycle you expect. So a tour announced today may pop up in a gig guide in a month. Or with a “Track of the Day” listing in a few weeks.
- We are always looking for exclusive content and unique angles; particularly ones where we can cross verticals – like music and travel! Look at the sort of content we do and see how you can pitch specifically for our audience.
- You can’t buy a “Track of the Day”, but why not consider premiering a song with us? Please just make sure to give at least 7 days notice, as we have a lot of demand for premieres and at busy times can be booked out a couple of weeks in advance.
- Reach out to our ad team to talk partnership opportunities.
- If you’d like to get us over the phone, you can contact us on (02) 4017 12AU (1228). Be sure to leave a message if you can’t get through to us; we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!