Looking to get in touch with the editorial team?
For almost all direct inquiries – this includes music, film, TV, arts, travel, food & podcasts– please contact our editorial team at email@example.com. The editors and assistant editors rotate day to day, though for your reference their names are below.
Editors: Chris Singh, Bruce Baker, Jodie Sloan, David Smith and Simon Clark
Assistant Editors: Danica Jones
It’s important to note that the AU review is a volunteer organisation and so we won’t be able to reply to every e-mail, but never hesitate to follow up – and you can see some other e-mail tips below if you’re struggling to get a response from our team. But before that, here are some other contacts for you…
Please avoid adding the editor address to your general mailing lists. If you’d like to add us to your press release mailing list, please add firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to chat Books, Simon Clark is your man at email@example.com.
For Travel, Lifestyle & Food related content, you’re welcome reach out to Chris Singh directly, our head writer in those sections – firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to chat Video Games or Technology, David Smith is your man at email@example.com.
For all advertising and competition inquiries please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founding Editor Larry Heath still writes from time to time and you are welcome to contact him directly for opportunities such as interviews and travel opportunities at email@example.com.
Struggling to get a response from our team? Don’t want to / can’t spend money with the AU? We’re not pay for play, but we are a volunteer team – so we’re limited in what we are able to publish every week, and what we’re able to reply to.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind when pitching to the AU:
- Though we do publish some news, we are not a news site. We are not racing to be first on a story. So, if you send us a press release, we will see if there’s a way we can angle it accordingly, and chances are it may not end up in the cycle you expect. So a tour announced today may pop up in a gig guide in a month. Or with a “Track of the Week” listing in a few weeks.
- We are always looking for exclusive content and unique angles; particularly ones where we can cross verticals – like music and travel! Look at the sort of content we do and see how you can pitch specifically for our audience.
- You can’t buy a “Track of the Week”, but why not consider premiering a song with us? Please just make sure to give at least 7 days notice, as we have a lot of demand for premieres and at busy times can be booked out a couple of weeks in advance. As of January 2021, We premiere no more than two releases a week.
- Reach out to our ad team to talk partnership opportunities. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’d like to get us over the phone, you can contact us on (02) 4017 12AU (1228). There’s no answering machine message, but be sure to leave a message if you can’t get through to us; we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!