With some aspects of Melbourne’s lockdowns easing, some of the city’s hotels are bracing for the inevitable influx of staycationers who really need to get away from their homes for a few years. The relatively new Element Melbourne Richmond is one such property, launching what they are calling the “Ultimate Sleepover Experience” by turning the hotel into a veritable playground for adults and kids.
And we’re talking karaoke mics and screens set up in guest rooms, classic retro games, air hockey and foosball tables, toys, and a meeting room that’s been turned into a pop-up cinema screening classics with freshly made complimentary popcorn.
From 2nd November, the hotel will open up the package for bookings starting at an easy $169 per night.
That reasonable price will net you access to the hotel’s refreshed public areas, where guests can hop into a 3D racing simulator, challenge friends to a game of pool or table tennis, or chill out in the hotel’s pop-up igloo’s. There’s even a bunch of wine tastings, cocktail masterclasses and cooking demos being prepared by the hotel’s chef, Paulson Xavier. Oh, and course you’ll get a room too.
“It’s been a long few months for Victorians, and the easing of restrictions calls for celebration – in a safe way, of course,” said the hotel’s GM Harry Singh. “Following the success of our recent hot tub and silver screen package before lockdown, we wanted to expand Element Melbourne Richmond’s offering further. Enter the Ultimate Sleepover Experience, which is intended to be a one-stop-fun-shop for those of all ages looking to get out of the house, reconnect with friends and family and enjoy some well-deserved down time”.
You can expect tight COVID-safety measures to help keep all guests safe as they navigate the hotel. All areas will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised every hour; signage will be common; spaces will be limiting the number of people allowed at any one time (one person per four square metres); and the hotel will have a signature Hand Sanitiser Bar with hand sanitisers from Aussie distilleries Four Pillars, Archie Rose and Mr Black.
For more information on the Ultimate Sleepover Experience, which will be available through to early 2021, and to book at stay at Element Melbourne Richmond, visit here.
In addition to accommodation, the package includes access to:
- Two karaoke rooms – these are bookable for two-hour slots
- Two classic retro arcade game rooms – featuring games like including PacMan, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Star Wars and more
- A Super Mario room – complete with a big-screen TV, Nintendo Switch and accessories like rackets, steering wheels and grips to play Mario Tennis Aces,
- Mario Kart 8, Mindcraft, Super Mario Party, Just Dance 2020 and more
- Air hockey and ‘Soccer Mad’ rooms – with air hockey and foosball tables
- A kid’s room – including a range of toys for ages two-six (note that children will need to be supervised by an adult at all times in the room)
- The ‘Skyline Cinema Room’ – featuring a gold class cinema experience, daily classic movies and complimentary fresh popcorn
- A 3D car racing simulator
- A pool table and table tennis tables
- Two igloos – which both feature food and wine packages available for purchase at the hotel’s front desk
- Wine tastings, cocktail masterclasses and cooking demonstrations – available for groups of up to ten