It’s not often that a game is so stacked with delicious food that it inspires IRL recipes. Final Fantasy XIV is an exception. As one of the most beloved MMORPG’s based on the classic Square Enix series, XIV maintains an enviable space in the world of video games, with a passionate fan base just as strong a decade after launch.
Food plays an important part in keeping characters in top fighting shape, and if you’ve always wondered what some of these dishes would task like, we’ve got you covered with one of the most game’s most attractive looking desserts bought to life. This recipe has been worked up by the creative Lemon Drop of A Recipe Reborn, so if the below pikes your taste buds, give the site a visit for more.
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 65 minutes
Refrigeration time: overnight/8 hours
Yields: 1 cheesecake measuring 7 inches/18 cm in diameter
- 225g graham crackers
- 1.3g ground cinnamon
- 115g butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- Crush the graham crackers into evenly sized crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until crumbs are moist.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of an 18cm springform pan.
- Refrigerate crust uncovered until ready to fill.
- 454g strawberries, quartered
- 75g sugar
- 15ml lemon juice
- 10g cornstarch
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pot set over medium-low heat.
- Cook until the strawberries release their liquid and soften, about 10 minutes.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth using an immersion of standing blender.
- Put the pot in the refrigerator to cool.
- 225g cream cheese
- 115g goat cheese
- 115ml sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 10g corn starch
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
Golden Dalamud candy
- 100g yellow candy melts
- edible gold powder
- Print out a Dalamud design on a piece of paper and tape it to a work surface.
- Tape a piece of clear plastic on top of the design.
- Place the candy melts in a zipper bag.
- Microwave for 10 seconds, mix them around and repeat until candy melted.
- Cut off a tiny corner of the bag.
- Pipe around the outer and inner edges of the Dalamud design, and then fill space between.
- Place the decoration in the refrigerator to set for 5 minutes.
- Using a small paintbrush, brush the edible gold powder over the surface of the candy Dalamud.
- Preheat the oven to 163-degrees
- Prepare pan of boiling water and place it on the lower over rack.
- Pour half of the cheesecake filling into crust.
- Spoon some of the puree on top of the filling.
- Pour the remaining cheesecake filling into crust.
- Spoon some of the strawberry puree on top of the filling in quarter sized dots.
- Using a stick, trace through the centre of each dot to create a swirled pattern.
- Bake for 35 minutes, rotate the pan and bake for another 30 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 65-degrees.
- Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.
- Place the candy on top and serve.
For more information on Final Fantasy XIV click here.