During these unprecedented times, when staying at home is of the utmost importance, us here at The AU Review are going to be doing everything we can to help readers live their best lives, indoors.
As with many other media companies who typically focus on getting folks out and about, we’re shifting to adapt to the necessary lock-downs taking place all over the world. One way we’ll be doing so is simply by sharing our favourite recipes.
Over the next few weeks (or months, who knows) we’ll be publishing the cocktail and food recipes that we find most exciting, so that when you aren’t ordering in to support your favourite venues, you’ll know enough to quickly throw together some top-class concoctions.
Swissotel Chicago offers a large variety out of their two dining outlets, one an Italian-style steakhouse and the other a simple breakfast grab-and-go. The luxury property is one of the best positioned for guests wanting to explore the gourmand strip of W Randolph and the trendy River North district, so competing with their own formidable dining options is a must. Luckily, Swissotel are more than up to task for providing guests with reliable and simple dishes, like this vibrant citrus salad which can be made in just a few steps.
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Randomly place the navel orange, blood orange and grapefruit slices on a platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and set aside.
- Combine the orange juice, lime juice and apple cider in a bowl. Whisk until incorporated and drizzle over the citrus slices.
- Sprinkle with mint and serve.