Jamaican Rum has invaded Sydney’s CBD bars starting this weekend! Renowned brand Appleton Estate, who have been crafting authentic Jamaican Rums for over 265 years now, are making a big push into the Australian market with their luxury Rums, choosing the harbour city for three exclusive weekend events showcasing the distinctive spirit.
From Friday 20th November, Appleton Estate will be presenting ‘The Appleton Trail’, popping up in a different Sydney bar each weekend for three weeks, beginning with Village Inn in Paddington.
Those heading along to each takeover can expect the spirit of Jamaica to be transposed and re-imagined into a Sydney atmosphere, with each bar decked out with bespoke styling, signature Appleton Estate cocktails, and Jamaican music. The various tastes of Appleton Estate will be on display for two days each venue, offering a journey of story-telling and discovery that puts handcrafted Jamaican Rums in the spotlight.
Appleton Estate is the oldest sugar estate and distillery in Jamaica that has been producing continuously since 1749, even though it is believed the origins of the Estate date back for Sir Francis Dickenson in 1655. That’s a lot of history to wrap your head around, and it gives a lot of inspiration to The Appleton Trail which seeks to further elevate Rum Production as the art it has always been.
Those looking to explore Appleton Estate in-depth will find this the perfect excuse to do so, introducing (or re-introducing) you to a highly regarded range that includes:
• Appleton Estate Signature Blend – The original Appleton Estate rum. Full-bodied and medium-sweet rum, it’s a delicious blend of 15 aged golden rums with a warm honey colour, a lush, fruity aroma, and a rich taste. It’s for everyone and every day, and it’s the perfect way to make ‘just another day’ feel special.
• Appleton Estate Reserve Blend – A rich, complex and sensuous flavour journey. Full-bodied, smooth, and delicately balanced spice and nutty notes, followed by oaky honey, subtle vanilla, and a hint of hazelnut – all wrapped in rich, dried orange peel. It’s reminiscent of a spicy fruitcake. Its finish is balanced, yet lingering with echoes of wood.
• Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old – An extraordinary, constantly evolving taste experience – Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old not only great in cocktails but a superb sipping Rum. It’s the perfect introduction into the Rum category. Expect a deep oakhue infused with fruity, and cocoa notes, followed by delicate molasses, vibrant orange peel, rich vanilla, subtle coffee, a hint of toasted oak and almond. Its finish is bittersweet and luscious.
• Appleton Estate 21 Year Old Jamaica Rum – A unique Jamaican luxury with a copper, tawny hue, with excellent purity, powerful, yet with delicate citrus, spice, and woody notes bouquet and long dry finish with a brown sugar sweetness that does not claw
• Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum – The world’s oldest barrel-aged rum, with a gorgeous dark mahogany colour, rich coppery reflections, powerful oak infused bouquet with rich, luxurious vanilla and layered with cinnamon, maple, and orange peel, and an exceptionally smooth with a honeyed oak finish.
The Appleton Trail will kick off November 20th-21st at Village Inn, Paddington, the weekend after will see it move to Sweet Hearts Rooftop for November 27th-28th. The trail will conclude on December 4th-5th at Taylors Bar
For more info head to www.appletonestate.com