Taking a break from their flow of Essential series products, Arlo has announced the latest edition to their popular high-end Pro series. The Arlo Pro 4 is now being prepped for an Australia launch, designed specifically to focus more on an easier DIY setup, with features including 2K HDR video quality and a handy 160-degree field of view.
The dominate internet-connected security camera brand has been highly regarded for its Pro series, which hit a new milestone last year with the exceptional Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera. The Arlo Pro 4 looks to continue that success, offering a wire-free spotlight camera in the same vein with some significant improvements.
The Pro 4 features an integrated spotlight for clearer, more accurate colour night vision, which should look really great combined with that 160-degree field of view. Unlike those before it, the Pro 4 won’t need an existing Arlo base nearby as it can connected directly to Wi-Fi, upping convenience and making set-up much easier either as a standalone security camera or as part of the existing Arlo ecosystem.
As with all Arlo’s products, the best way to experience the Arlo Pro 4 would be in conjunction with subscription-based service Arlo Smart, which provides extended 30-day rolling cloud storage of 2K HF video recording as well as a more comprehensive suite of customisation options through the accompanying Arlo app. This includes being able to distinguish more precisely between people, vehicles, animals, and packages.
A full list of features for the Arlo Pro 4 are as follows.
- 2K Video with HDR: See a crystal-clear picture in every detail through Arlo Pro 4’s high-performance lenses
- 160-Degree Viewing Angle: See a wide field of view to keep an eye on what matters most
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests with an integrated spotlight
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren remotely or automatically during an event
- Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking with colour night vision allowing you to see video in colour rather than traditional black and white
- Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal clear, full two-way audio that reduces wind and noise
- Direct to Wi-Fi: Connects directly to Wi-Fi for simple setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate Base Station
- Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant: Wire-free setup and a magnetic mount enables easy installation, while a weather-resistant design allows Pro 4 to be placed indoors and outdoors
- Rechargeable Battery: Rechargeable, removable battery lasts up to six months on one charge**
- Magnetic Charging Cable: Quickly charge camera and easily snap connecting cable into place
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Apple HomeKit,*** Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant,
- Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
- SmartHub/Base Station Optional: Enable local storage recording, cross-trigger other cameras in the ecosystem and enhance camera range and battery life by connecting a compatible Arlo SmartHub or Base Station (VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000)
The Pro 4 will be available in Australia this month starting from $369 for a single cam, $699 for a two-camera kit, and $1,299 for a four-camera kit.
More information at arlo.com.