Spending a long weekend in Byron Bay is probably something akin to bliss, but to combine the short trip away with a huge foodie package is nothing short of heavenly! The Byron and Taste Byron Bay‘s Terase Davidson have created a special foodie tour package that allows visitors to not only stay at The Byron, but also to experience the best of the region, as well as sample the food of the area, from producers like the Stone&Wood Brewery, Nimbin Valley Dairy Cheese and Picone Exotic Fruits.
The package includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation in a Superior Suite
- Full buffet breakfast for two daily in The Restaurant
- Gift pack on arrival including your very own Furi paring knife valued at $54.95
- Complimentary daily yoga at 8am
- Complimentary Wifi
Available from Friday 22nd April to Monday 25th April, stay at The Byron spend a day exploring the Byron Bay Hinterland in an impossibly Byron-esque Combi as you visit local farmer’s markets and producers. You can also take part in a private cooking class by Taste Byron Bay‘s Terase Davidson and return home to the real world with more knowledge about the area.
The package tour is designed to offer the best of Byron Bay to its visitors with a foodie focus. The itinerary is as follows:
Day One, Saturday 23rd April: Food Tour
- Pick up from the resort at 8am
- First stop: Bangalow Farmers Market: Meet some of the region’s farmers and sample local produce, including a tasting table with Nimbin Valley Dairy Cheese
- Second stop: Picone Family Exotic Fruit Farm tour: Meet local legend John Picone from the Picone family farm. The farm has over 400 different varieties of exotic fruit on their farm, with 25 different varieties of figs alone! Guests will be able to sample the food from the farm and appreciate the benefits of eating local and seasonal produce
- Final stop: Stone&Wood Brewery: Go on a private brewery tour and tasting session. A rustic lunch featuring local produce, along with products made by Terase from Taste Byron Bay, is served to guests.
- Return back to the resort at 2pm
- Water and ginger beer provided during the tour
- Morning tea provided
Day Two, Sunday 24th April, Cooking Class
From 10am to 1.30pm, guests will join Terase for a private cooking class that teaches participants to build flavours, use seasoning like a pro chef and work with local ingredients to encourage maximum flavour and quality. All produce used is available in the region, and includes locally line caught fish, pastured feed beef, free range local pork, local oysters and even locally distilled Gin.
Lunch will be served at the conclusion of the class, and guests will have a chance to chat to Terase further.
Packages are subject to availability, and conditions apply. The Taste Byron Bay package is $1,950 for two adults. To book, please call +61 02 6639 2105. Head to www.thebyronatbyron.com.au/special-accommodation-packages/taste-byron-bay/ for more information