This Easter long weekend, renowned precinct The Grounds will be transformed into a magical StoryBook wonderland, and inviting those big and those small, to take part in the Golden Easter Egg Hunt, or take a selfie on Humpty Dumpty’s wall, and say hello to the storybook characters coming to life.
As an Easter treat, the bakers from the Ground’s have revealed to us the recipe to their Carrot Cake. Good luck making this one, and we hope it turns out as gorgeous as this image!
The Grounds’ Carrot Cake Recipe
- 345g castor sugar
- 2tsp salt
- 2 1/2tsp cinnamo
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2tsp bicarb soda
- 2tsp baking powder
- 375gr plain flour
- 375gr vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 medium sized carrots/grated
- 220gr tinned crushed pineapple, drained
- 200g walnuts/chopped
- 660gr cream cheese
- 250gr icing sugar
- 1 tin Dulce De Luche (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Line a 23cm round cake tin with spray oil and then baking paper.
- In a bowl sift all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together with a hand whisk, add oil to mix.
- Add the egg and oil mix into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the grated carrots, then the drained crushed pineapple, then finally the nuts.
- Now the mix is ready to place into the tin.
- Bake for 40mins or until skewer comes out clean once inserted into the center. Once it is cool place into the freezer.
- While the cake is cooling you can prepare the frosting. In a stand mixer with a paddle
- attachment place the cream cheese and beat until there are no lumps.
- Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth and place into a piping bag. Now the cake is ready to assemble.
- Remove the cake out of the freezer and slice horizontally into 3 even pieces.
- Onto each piece starting in the center pipe a spiral of cream cheese finishing on the outer edge.
- Pipe the Dulce De Luche in a spiral on the outer edge of the cake (optional)
- Stack each layer one on top of each other to form your cake.
- Decorate with floral and Easter eggs
For ideas on what to do around Sydney this Easter click HERE