During these unprecedented times, when staying at home is of the utmost importance, us here at The AU Review are going to be doing everything we can to help readers live their best lives, indoors.
As with many other media companies who typically focus on getting folks out and about, we’re shifting to adapt to the necessary lock-downs taking place all over the world. One way we’ll be doing so is simply by sharing our favourite recipes.
Over the next few weeks (or months, who knows) we’ll be publishing the cocktail and food recipes that we find most exciting, so that when you aren’t ordering in to support your favourite venues, you’ll know enough to quickly throw together some top-class concoctions.
Tucked into luxury address InterContinental London Park Lane, Ella Canta has amassed a loyal following thanks to modern Mexican inspired flavours and attention to detail. The proof is in the guacamole, quite literally, which is why we’ve sourced the recipe for their signature take on the classic. Elevate your usual guac with these easy-to-follow steps.
- 150g brown onion, chopped
- Fresh lime juice, to taste
- 800g avocado
- 100g cilantro / coriander, finely chopped
- 90g Serrano chilli, chopped and seeded, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pomegranate seeds, to taste
- Requeson (white moist cheese – the Mexican version of ricotta)
- Corn tortillas, cut in triangles and fried, on the side, or maiz tostadas.
- Soak the onion in lime juice for half an hour, then drain.
- Carefully mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Add the cilantro, onion and chilli.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the guacamole on a plate or bowl and decorate with the pomegranate seeds, the requeson cheese (or alternative) and the tortilla triangles.