In this week’s industry wrap up, we give props to SAFIA and their new worldwide publishing deal, the submissions deadline for the 2017 Queensland Music Awards have been extended, congrats go to Lucky Entertainment for their Musica Copa win and more!
SAFIA signs with BMG
Huge news for Canberra’s SAFIA, who’ve been announced as having signed a worldwide publishing deal with BMG. It’s been a massive year for the trio, who locked down many accolades off the back of their debut album Internal. Shows have been selling out all over the country and the band’s international profile has only been continuing to skyrocket. In joining BMG, SAFIA now counts themselves on a roster featuring the likes of Peking Duk, Washington, Nicole Millar, Tame Impala and The Cat Empire.
New ‘City Experiences’ to be launched during 25th anniversary of AIME
The Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo (AIME) has announced the launch of ten Melbourne City Experiences as a new addition to the 2017 Hosted Buyer program. The Melbourne Convention Bureau has partnered with a selection of venues, accommodation and attractions across the business events sector. The ten curated tours will immerse punters in the culture, environment and hospitality that has brought Melbourne up to being ranked as one of the World’s Most Liveable City six years running.
For more information, visit www.aime.com.au/hosted-buyers.
Entries Extended for the 2017 QLD Music Awards
Queensland songwriters have had their deadline for submissions in 2017’s QLD Music Awards extended until midnight, December 11th. Recently the judges were announced, including a number of international representatives, including: Craig May (Red Bull Recors UK), Jack Bridges (Beatport), Tom Osborn (New West Records). The awards ceremony is to be held at the Brisbane Powerhouse on Monday, March 27th. For more information about the awards, visit www.queenslandmusic.awards.com.au.
Lucky Entertainment win 2016 Musica Copa tournament
Last week, the music industry came together in Sydney to raise money for charity and boy, did they! The annual Musica Copa tournament saw teams compete in a five a side football tournament, with the crew from Lucky Entertainment reigning supreme and taking away $7,000 for their nominated charity – the Reach Foundation. Runners up were the folks from Universal Music, who nabbed $3,000 for Musicians Making a Difference.
AIR 100% Independent Singles Chart
- Flume – Skin Companion EP 1
- Sia ft. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
- Flume ft. Kai – Never Be Like You
- Flume ft. Tove Lo – Say It
- Sia – Cheap Thrills
- Tash Sultana – Jungle
- Sia – Chandelier
- Bliss n Eso ft. Thief – Dopamine
- Nick Murphy – Stop Me (Stop You)
- Sia – Alive
AIR 100% Independent Albums Chart
- Sia – This Is Acting
- The Butterfly Effect – Begins Here
- The Butterfly Effect – Imago
- The Ten Tenors – Our Christmas Wish
- The Butterfly Effect – Final Conversaion of Kings
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Skeleton Tree
- Sia – 1000 Forms of Fear
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Nonagon Infinity
- Ben Abraham – Sirens
- Client Liaison – Diplomatic Immunity
ARIA SINGLES CHART
- Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul and Anne-Marie – Rockabye
- The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk – Starboy
- Rae Sremmurd – Black Beatles
- James Arthur – Say You Won’t Let Go
- Neikid – Sexual
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
- The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey – Closer
- Peking Duk ft. Elliphant – Stranger
- Maroon 5 ft. Kendrick Lamar – Don’t Wanna Know
- Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
ARIA ALBUMS CHART
- The Rolling Stones – Blue & Lonesome
- Michael Buble – Christmas
- Metallica – Hardwired…To Self-Destruct
- John Farnham & Olivia Newton-John – Friends For Christmas
- Adele – 25
- Jessica Mauboy – The Secret Daughter (Songs From The TV Series)
- Keith Urban – Ripcord
- The Weeknd – Starboy
- Childish Gambino – Awaken, My Love!
- Elvis Presley with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – The Wonder of You