Sampa The Great continues to be celebrated (and rightly so), with the artist being named the recipient of the inaugural Corner Award! The award, presented by the iconic Melbourne live music venue, will see Sampa perform a special headlining show at The Corner on November 4th, with the first 150 ticket purchases set to receive a special edition 7″ vinyl single pressing.
It’s been a massive year for Sampa as she’s emerged from Sydney as a talent to watch; a fiercely intelligent and talented lyricist and musician, Sampa’s live presence has also become an acclaimed one around the country as her profile has continued to grow. The selection panel for The Corner Award this year have recognised the above and, along with the award itself, have awarded Sampa with the following:
- All ticket monies from The Corner show (production and promotion covered by the venue)
- Pressing of 150 copies of a limited edition 7″ vinyl single
- $2000 cash from The Corner Hotel
- Rehearsal time at The Bakehouse Studios
- Exclusive mentorship session with a prominent Australian independent label, thanks to AIR (Australian Independent Record Labels Association)
Along with Sampa’s win, Gold Class have also received a special mention, receiving a month-long Artist in Residence position at the Bakehouse Studios. The selection panel for The Corner Award has included the following industry names:
- Linda Bosidis (Head of A&R Australia/NZ, Mushroom Publishing)
- Helen Marcou (Bakehouse Studios, SLAM)
- Jacinta Parsons (Assistant Music Director, ABC Local Radio/Double J)
- Max Quinn (triple j Unearthed)
- Anita Nedeljkovic (Music Programmer)
- Anna Northeast (The Corner Hotel)
Grab your tickets for Sampa The Great’s Corner Hotel show via www.cornerhotel.com!
Header Image: Zakarij Kaczmarek.