Last week Sydney singer-songwriter Tyne-James Organ dropped his debut album, Necessary Evil. The album was recorded during 2020 with his longtime creative partner, Chris Collins at his NSW Hinterland studio in Stokers Siding.
His final release before the album dropped was “London’s Calling”. This is a beautiful heartfelt track, about a friend of Tyne’s who announced he was moving back to London. It is a song filled with passion and emotion. The video clip has the feels to match.
To celebrate the release of the album, and to let us all know a little bit more about himself, Tyne has given us a list of 10 facts that he believes we don’t know about him. Have a read and see if he is on the money.
Tyne has a string of tour dates lined up for the release of the album. The details are below.
Tyne-James Organ shares 10 things you probably don’t know about him
1. I have a pretty wild deviated septum. If you shine a light up me nose u can see thru to the other side. Gross hey. I was once told by a nose surgeon I had the equivalent deviated septum of a 20 year cocaine addicts. I was 22 at the time and broke so safe to say it was just from all the operations I’ve had for my breathing haha.
2. I sleep with one of those triangle pillows that has frills. Strange. I know. I’ve done it since I was a baby and still do it. I have a bad back and get told not to sleep on them but I’ll never stop. I’ve requested them in numerous hotels on tour but not been v lucky 🙁
3. I have no middle name. Tyne James is hyphenated and there’s nothing in between that and Organ. Maybe I’ll add peanut in there. Dunno.
4. I fucking hate spiders. Fuck them all. I was bitten on the bum by a white-tail when I was 10 and it still haunts me to this day. I’ve been bitten on the finger by a redback too. I got a web tattooed on my elbow purely so they would leave me the fuck alone.
5. I watch pimple popping videos for hours. Don’t judge me. Give it a go.
6. My favourite beers are dark ales and stouts. Young Henry’s Motorcycle Oil is me go to and Guinness is my staple.
7. I’m obsessed with cleaning. As soon as I turned 18 and my parents bought a Dyson V7 Stick Hoover everything changed. Now, I hoover numerous times a day. Clean things that are clean. My dad was the same so it’s nice that a trait of his that always confused me has subconsciously become my own trait too. A big goal of mine is to be endorsed by Dyson.
8. I used to wig out from the word ‘raw’ when I was younger. Just shot a pain in my ears and I couldn’t stand it. We good now though.
9. I shattered my nose once. Lol. More nose things. There was some big swell in Woonona back in 2009 and I went out with my mate Jai. We were having a good time until I got washed trying to jump back out and fucked my face. My nose was cooked. My braces came off my teeth and out thru a hole underneath my lip.
10. I love dogs more than most things.
Upcoming Tour dates – tickets to all shows available HERE
Friday 4 June | Lion Arts Factory, Adelaide SA
Saturday 5 June | Rosemount Hotel, Perth WA
Thursday 10 June | Wollongong Uni, Wollongong NSW
Friday 11 June | Factory Theatre, Sydney NSW
Thursday 17 June | The Northern Hotel, Byron Bay NSW
Friday 18 June | The Zoo, Brisbane QLD
Saturday 19 June | Miami Marketta, Gold Coast QLD
Friday 25 June | Corner Hotel, Melbourne VIC
Saturday 26 June | Republic Bar, Hobart TAS
Thursday 1 July | Kambri, Canberra ACT
Friday 2 July | The Cambridge, Newcastle NSW
Necessary Evil by Tyne-James Organ is out NOW. Merch bundles available HERE