Thanks to the National Trust, over 1000 events have been announced to showcase throughout the Australian Heritage Festival this year. The event, which is the larger and longest running festival celebrating Australia’s natural, historic Indigenous and multicultural heritage, is presenting yet another dynamic program of productions across its five week run from April 18th.
Proudly supported by the Australian Government through the National Trust Partnerships Program, the Festival includes highlight pieces including the Urban Polaris biking event in Canberra, a two-day celebration of multicultural communities in Smithfield, NSW and more.
The Australian Heritage Festival is to be opened officially at Government House in Canberra on April 18th. The festival runs from April 18th until May 21st. For the full program and event details, head here.
Check out the list of highlighted events for the Australian Heritage Festival below:
- A Home Away From Home: Stories of Belonging – Smithfield, NSW (April 29th & May 20th)
- Dawn at the Camp – Cowra (April 29th)
- The Urban Polaris – Canberra (April 29th)
- CORANDERRK – Altona (May 18th) & Frankston (May 20th)
- Victorian Colonial Express – Castlemaine (Every Saturday throughout the festival)
- Great Houses of Ipswich – Ipswich, QLD (May 13th)
- Symbolic Sleep Out – Currumbin (April 24th)
- Fanny Balbuk Yoreel Events – Perth (Tour, April 23rd), (Exhibition, April 19th – May 18th), (Talk, May 11th), (Symposium, May 17th)
- Heritage Bar Walking Tour – Perth (April 26th & 29th), (May 3rd & 6th)