Marvel will be taking their biggest cinematic risk so far when they release Guardians of the Galaxy next month. The epic space adventure is set to expand the Marvel Cinematic Universe to the far reaches of space, and looks like the most exciting and different Marvel film to date. Clearly confident of the high quality of the film, Marvel and Disney have decided to partner with IMAX to give fans the chance to see 17 minutes of 3D footage from the film. The screenings will occur on Tuesday July 8th at the IMAX theatres at Darling Harbour in Sydney and Carlton in Melbourne.
Tickets are strictly limited, but anyone can get them by keeping an eye on the following sites:
To persuade you to get tickets, Marvel and Disney have provided a list of 15 reasons you need to get a ticket, and we have to agree with them. Here are the reasons:
1. Because you must see Chris Pratt’s ripped transformation IMAX-size
2. To be one of those super smug people that say…”oh…didn’t you go?”
3. Because you need to see a gun-toting racoon on the big screen
4. Because you need something else to Snapchat about that week
5. Because like Star-Lord all your pop culture references are still about the 80’s
6. Because there’s a 2 for 1 shawarma deal at a restaurant near the IMAX
7. Because you can’t wait to hear a new inflection of “I am Groot” from Vin Diesel
8. To get a FREE choc top
9. To get another wear out of your dope raccoon costume
10. Because it’s your birthday (ok, this is a guess but we took a chance!)
11. Because you heard a rumour Iron Man will be doing a pre-show fly-by
12. Because Rocket & Groot may just be the best partnership since cheese and Vegemite
13. Because you want to know if Marvel will do an end credit scene on just 17 minutes of footage
14. To be seen
15. You’re welcome
Don’t miss your chance to attend this awesome event. Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be something special, and you’ll be able to say you knew it before everyone else did!
Check out the latest Guardians trailer here:
The Guardians of the Galaxy 17 minute preview screenings will be held simultaneously on Tuesday July 8th at the IMAX Theatre Sydney in Darling Harbour at 5.00pm and at the IMAX Melbourne Museum in Carlton at 5.30pm.
Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in Australian cinemas on August 7th.