Under a new customer policy announced recently, Virgin Australia will now be offering unlimited booking changes without any change fees for reservations with travel between now and 31st January 2021. The announcement comes as the airline refines their “Passenger Promise” concept, remaining hopeful for the uptick in domestic travel as we near the end of 2020.
“Virgin Australia is an airline that offers great value fares and award-winning service and today’s announcement is a testament to that commitment”, said a Virgin Australia spokesperson. “Whilst there is still uncertainty around border restrictions, we know that Australians want to start booking their travel and our Passenger Promise will give travellers that peace of mind they need to make a booking now”.
Aimed at reassuring passengers so they feel comfortable in booking tickets for later travel, the “Passenger Promise” includes a number of initiative by the airline. This includes
- A short pre-flight health screening questionnaire for all travellers upon check-in
- Increased social distancing measures including staggered boarding and distancing between passengers onboard where possible
- Reduced onboard movement to minimise contact between passengers and crew
- Increased hygiene practices at all stages of the passenger journey, including
- Contactless check-in available online or via the Virgin Australia app
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitiser kits
- Scanning own boarding passes to limit contact with crew
- Increased cleaning practices including the use of Duropax, an antibacterial and antimicrobial cleaning agent, sprayed on interior aircraft surfaces
- Additional and thorough cleaning between flights and daily deep cleans of all aircraft
- HEPA filtration on all flights (hospital-grade air quality) and directional airflow
- Continued earn and redemption using Velocity Points with Virgin Australia and a range of other partners.
For more information head to https://virginaustralia.com