Father’s Day is right around the corner, coming at you on Sunday 5th September. Old man itching to get out? Where are you going to… oh. Wait. If you’re in Sydney right now you don’t many options because, you know. And while there is a small possibility of easing some restrictions for anyone fully vaccinated by the time Sep 5th rolls around, it’s looking like you’ll need to be a bit nifty when it comes to bringing the typical Father’s Day lunch to your dining room this year.
QT Sydney has got the right idea. The CBD luxury boutique is leaning on their QT At Home concept to put together Man Tea at Home. In case it isn’t obvious, that’s an upscale high-tea for blokes. The man-tea-in-a-box will be available for click & collect from the hotel between 1st and 5th September. If that’s within your scope, it’s well worth taking advantage of this pick-up only pack of Man Tea goodies.
Instead of the usual chai and scones, you’re going to be treating the old man to the following:
- Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll with Gentlemen’s Relish (that’s anchovy flavoured butter, mind you)
- Braised Beef Cheek and Red Wine Pie with Brown Sauce
- Lobster Roll with Old Bay Mayo, Chive, and Iceberg
- Wagyu Burger with Lettuce, American Cheese, Pickles, a Potato Bun, and QT Signature Sauce
- Banoffee Tart with Salted Caramel & Vanilla Cream
While you can’t fine at QT Sydney’s ritzy Gowings Bar & Grill right now, this is clearly the next best thing. Order up one of these vacuum-packed $75pp boxes before 5pm the day before pick-up, all you’ll need to do is heat, assemble, and figure out a way to present it so your father (of father figure) is going to have a ball.
You’ll get extra points if you go for the add-ons too:
- Single serve bottled Gowings Negroni or Old Fashioned ($21 per serve)
- Archie Rose x St ALi “Blasphemy” Coffee Whiskey ($89 per 750ml bottle)
To place an order hit up qthotels.com