Orange F.O.O.D (Food or Orange District) week is celebrating 25 years in 2016, making in Australia’s longest running regional food festival, once again paying homage to the substantial food and culture scene of the renowned New South Wale’s region. From 8th to 17th of April, the ten-day festival will bring a diverse program to the Central West region of NSW, once again contributing significantly to the state’s regional tourism economy and showcasing local produce across six signature events as well as more than 90 pop-up events hosted by local restaurants, cafes, caterers, and cellar doors.
Those heading along can expect long lunches, degustation dinners, foodie tours, and wine tastings, alongside the big events: FORAGE, the 100-Mile Dinner, and F.O.O.D Train, as well as F.O.O.D HQ, the Festival Night Market, and the Sunday Producers’ Brunch & Market.
“As we enter our 25th year we are immensely proud of our achievements in promoting not only the excellent diversity of regional produce across the Orange district, but also our talented local producers, chefs, cooks, caterers, providores, restaurateurs, and vignerons”, said F.O.O.D Week Association President James Sweetapple. “From humble beginnings in 1991, Orange F.O.O.D Week has evolved into a gourmet festival of national standing, positioning Orange as one of Australia’s aspirational food and wine destinations”.
Many Chefs and food personalities from all over NSW will be heading the Orange for the festival, including Lennox Hastie of Firedoor, Martin Boetz from the famous Cooks Co-Op, and more.
Events to look forward to including:
- Truffiere at Borrodell Vineyard: hunt for your lunch
- Long Orchard Feast dinner with wine and music at The Farm Gate Orchard
- A holistic vineyard tour at Cargo Road Wines
- The Foraged Brunch farm tour and foraging adventure with The Agrestic Grocer
- Small Acres Cyder’s cider festival
- Special dinner events at hatted restaurants Lolli Redini and Tonic
- Ross Hill Wines dinner featuring Lennox Hastie
- Philip Shaw Wines’ bluestone cellar door dinner featuring Martin Boetz
- Food-inspired art exhibitions
- Paddock pop-ups
- Polo matches
With all the above and more planned for the ten day festival, Orange F.O.O.D Week is looking to be just as essential as ever before, appropriately making their 25th year the biggest event yet. Tickets are on sale now. For tickets and more information click HERE