During these unprecedented times, when staying at home is of the utmost importance, us here at The AU Review are going to be doing everything we can to help readers live their best lives, indoors.
As with many other media companies who typically focus on getting folks out and about, we’re shifting to adapt to the necessary lock-downs taking place all over the world. One way we’ll be doing so is simply by sharing our favourite recipes.
Over the next few weeks (or months, who knows) we’ll be publishing the cocktail and food recipes that we find most exciting, so that when you aren’t ordering in to support your favourite venues, you’ll know enough to quickly throw together some top-class concoctions
Salmon duo Tartare
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge & Spa hotel based in Morocco offers up some delectable fine dining experiences with a range of Mediterranean, gourmet and international cuisine. Alongside an assortment of bars and lounges for the cocktail enthusiasts. The luxury resort shares with us an elegant salmon tartare recipe. A fresh and delicate dish that heroes wholesome ingredients, perfect for a light entree that serves up to 4 people.
- 200g fresh salmon
- 200g smoked salmon
- 320g ripe avocados
- 120g granny smith apples
- 80g mangoes
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- Some beet leaf shoots (beet stalks) or other
- Edible flowers for decoration.
- In a bowl, combine the chives with the extra virgin olive oil and, if desired, the parsley and black pepper.
- Add the diced salmon and mango. Season with salt, pepper and stir.
- Cut the avocado into cubes, then mix with the balsamic vinegar and the remaining lemon juice.
- Season with salt, pepper and stir.
- To prepare each tartare, place the avocado mixture in a 7.5-cm (3-inch) cookie cutter.
- Add the salmon and mango mixture. Level and press lightly. Add another layer of sliced granny smith apple
- Garnish with beet sprouts if desired.