In showcasing the various notes of the new Nescafe Farmers Origins capsule range, ambassador – and beloved MasterChef judge – Melissa Leong has developed several recipes to pair up with each capsule. And given the range is one of the most far-reaching and adventurous Nestle has put out to date, the recipes Leong has developed as diverse and completely worthy of your precious kitchen time. If we were to just choose one though, it would be the Kheer Mango Rice Pudding with Muscavado Syrup and Sugared Almonds she has designed to pair especially with the Nescafé Farmers Origins India capsule. Keep that in mind when you’ve mastered this fairly simple recipe – make sure you’ve got a cup of India sitting right next to the finished product.
Note recipe serves six and has a 60 minute cook and prep time.
Kheer Mango Rice Pudding, Muscovado Syrup, Sugared Almonds
For the Creamed Rice:
- 95g Basmati rice (soaked for 30 minutes prior)
- 560g cream
- 300g coconut cream
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla paste
- 65g caster sugar
- 7 cardamon pods
For the Sugar Syrup:
- 100g dark muscovado sugar (or cane sugar)
- 50g water
For the Crystalised Almonds:
- 40g sugar
- 10g water
- 60g almonds
For the Mango Puree:
- 1 ripe mango
- 20g rose water syrup
1. For the creamed rice, bring all the ingredients to the boil in a pan and stir together. Turn the heat to low and gently simmer for 40 minutes or until thick and creamy. Remove the cardamon pods and set aside to cool. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more coconut cream.
2. For the sugar syrup, combine the sugar and water together in a pan and leave to dissolve for a few minutes. Bring to a simmer and boil for 2 minutes until thick and syrupy.
3. To make the crystalised almonds, place the water into a pan and add in the sugar. Bring to the boil. Add in the almonds then remove from the head and stir well to ensure almonds are fully covered. Turn onto a tray and set aside to cool.
4. Peel the mango and remove the flesh into bowl. Add the rose water and blend or stir well to combine.
5. Spoon the mango on to the base of a plate or serving glass, then add the rice pudding to cover the mango completely. Drizzle over the muscovado syrup in long lines. Sprinkle with your crystalised almonds, roughly chopped.
For more on the new Nescafe range click here.