During these unprecedented times, when staying at home is of the utmost importance, us here at The AU Review are going to be doing everything we can to help readers live their best lives, indoors.
As with many other media companies who typically focus on getting folks out and about, we’re shifting to adapt to the necessary lock-downs taking place all over the world. One way we’ll be doing so is simply by sharing our favourite recipes.
Over the next few weeks (or months, who knows) we’ll be publishing the cocktail and food recipes that we find most exciting, so that when you aren’t ordering in to support your favourite venues, you’ll know enough to quickly throw together some top-class concoctions.
Kaeng Khiao Wan from Amari, Thailand
Kaeng Khiao Wan also known as Green Thai Curry is one of Thailand’s signature dishes. Long-standing Thai-based hotel brand Amari features the iconic recipe from restaurant their Amaya Food Gallery concept. The restaurant, which is a signature in Amari properties, specialises on diversifying traditional Thai street food with modern twists. Located across many destinations in Asia including Bangkok, Pattaya, Koh Samui, Yangshuo, Johor Bahru and the Maldives, they’ve been serving this curry up alongside many of their other Thai stables for years.
Ingredients – Kaeng Khiao Wan
- 50g green curry paste
- 1tsp. turmeric powder
- 120g chicken breast (sliced)
- 300ml fresh Coconut milk
- 60g thai eggplant (quartered)
- 10g bullet eggplant
- 5g thai basil leaves
- 10g fish sauce
- 20g palm sugar
- 10g coconut oil
- 100g strong chicken stock
- 10g long Red chilies for decoration
Method – Kaeng Khiao Wan
- Heat wok and add a tsp.of oil, the curry paste and turmeric powder. Stir before adding coconut milk and 1⁄2 chicken stock.
- Add the chicken and bring to boil.
- Add the Thai eggplant, Bullet eggplant and 1⁄2 palm sugar.
- Add fish sauce, remaining sugar or stock to taste.The dish should have a light sweetness to it.