During these unprecedented times, when staying at home is of the utmost importance, us here at The AU Review are going to be doing everything we can to help readers live their best lives, indoors.
As with many other media companies who typically focus on getting folks out and about, we’re shifting to adapt to the necessary lock-downs taking place all over the world. One way we’ll be doing so is simply by sharing our favourite recipes.
Over the next few weeks (or months, who knows) we’ll be publishing the cocktail and food recipes that we find most exciting, so that when you aren’t ordering in to support your favourite venues, you’ll know enough to quickly throw together some top-class concoctions.
COMO Shambhala Ginger Tea
A simple health-conscious recipe straight from the newly released The Pleasures of Eating Well: Nourishing Favourites, the first cookbook from luxury brand from Como Hotels & Resorts, these simple and precise steps will give you the signature ginger tea from COMO Shambhala kitchen. The hotel reportedly gets requests for the soothing recipe almost every day, and we’ve been fortunate enough to source it from them.
Note that this recipe should make a full pot of tea and serve 10.
- 200g / 70oz piece ginger
- 100ml (scant 1/2 cup) lemon juice
- 290g / 10oz honey
- Wash the ginger and bruise with a pestle and mortar before placing a large saucepan with 2 litres / 8 cups water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 2 hours.
- Strain through a fine sieve. This ginger water may be kept in the fridge for several days.
- To serve, place the ginger water in a saucepan, bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon and honey, adjusting to taste (though don’t reboil once the honey is added).
- Serve immediately.