During these unprecedented times, when staying at home is of the utmost importance, us here at The AU Review are going to be doing everything we can to help readers live their best lives, indoors.
As with many other media companies who typically focus on getting folks out and about, we’re shifting to adapt to the necessary lock-downs taking place all over the world. One way we’ll be doing so is simply by sharing our favourite recipes.
Over the next few weeks (or months, who knows) we’ll be publishing the cocktail and food recipes that we find most exciting, so that when you aren’t ordering in to support your favourite venues, you’ll know enough to quickly throw together some top-class concoctions.
Classic Margarita from Ella Canta
Mexican restaurant Ella Canta in the classy, well located InterContinental London Park Lane, has been serving up fan-favourite classics done well since opening in 2017. Here, they’ve supplied their very simple recipe for a classic margarita, a cocktail any respectable at-home bartender should be able to make at the snap of a finger.
- 40ml Patron Silver Tequila
- 20ml Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 20ml fresh lime juice
- Prepare your glass by running a wedge of lime around half of the rim and dip into salt.
- Combine the Tequila, Cointreau and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add a handful of ice cubes.
- Close and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into an elegant glass.
- Add a slice of lime to garnish.
If you need some Patrol Silver Tequila you can get a bottle from BWS here. You can also get Cointreau Orange Liqueur from BWS