Going down every Thursday in April, Panhead’s Chief Beer Engineer, Mike Neilsen will be sharing some of Panhead’s weird and wonderful brews, not to mention a custom beer inspired by the home of The Workshop, Oxford Street. Alongside free shows curated by Volumes, featuring The Pinheads, Buzz Kull Sophiegrophy & Godtet, plus a beautifully-beery custom Chur Burger menu, The Workshop will soon become a weekly staple for the Oxford St community and beyond.
Ahead of the launch event tonight – which will see Chur Burger churning out free burgers for guests, and The Pinheads play with Concrete Lawn, we caught up with Chur Burger’s owner and chef extraordinaire Warren Turnbull to find out the five Sydney haunts he reckons are the best burgers in town. You mightn’t be surprised by his first choice on the list….
Turnbull told us about the event tonight, “I’m stoked to be part of a great sounding event, what can be better than beers, burgers and good music. This was the original inspiration of Chur so it would only have been mad to turn down this opportunity.
“It makes it an even easier decision when its a awesome beer from the homeland as well. We hope the burger we created will do the beer the justice it deserves. Looking forward to getting amongst it on Thursday night!”
Here are Warren Turnbull’s Top 5 Sydney Burger Joints
1. It would be silly if I never had Chur Burger in my top 5 burger places in Sydney, we are constantly coming up with new ideas so it is a lot of fun being creative.
2. Marys in Newtown is a favourite as the atmosphere is always on point and burgers delicious, being close to home always helps as well.
3. My wife has got me onto Anonymous Burgers, her go to lazy meal when she orders Deliveroo, again they do a great burger.
4. Eat Burger in Cronulla is a cracker, i take my daughter down to the beach there and we always pop in, Paul the owner is a top bloke as well and we get spoilt rotten every time.
5. And last, the best chicken burger (apart from Chur of course!) has to be Butter 100%, damn good!!!
Keen to get your hands on a free Chur Burger? They’ll be dished out tonight at the first “The Workshop” event at Brighton Up Bar. To RSVP to this party, and any of the others, head HERE.
Thursday, April 4th
Thursday, April 11th
Thursday, April 18th
Thursday, April 25th