Arlo Technologies has announced a June release for its Pro 3 Floodlight Camera entering the Australian market. With an integrated 2K HDR camera, 160-degree field of view, two-way audio, built-in siren and custom lighting configurations, the flexible and rather aggressive looking device will be the first ever wire-free variant of a floodlight camera and be priced at AU$449.
That’s only slightly more expensive than a stand-alone Arlo Pro 3 camera, which should bring plenty of value to anyone either wanting to start building their smart security camera system, or who already has a set-up around their home.
The fully integrated unibody design sticks close to the black and white aesthetic of Arlo’s other cameras, with the camera surrounded by a powerful LED bar to illuminate a wide area via either motion or manual activation.
Those without a system in place won’t need to worry about not having one of Arlo’s SmartHubs or a base station. The Pro 3 Floodlight Camera can just as easily be connected directly via WiFi access points as it can with most modern base stations (VMB5000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB4000).
Arlo is offering a complimentary three-month trial to Arlo Smart with the purchase of an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera. That gives users access to a rolling 30-days of 2K cloud recordings to store and view video clips, as well as the ability to customise the AI experience via the Arlo app to discern between people, vehicles, animals or packages.
A major feature of this particular device is the dedicated ambient light sensor, which can automatically measure the amount of surrounding light to allow to true customisation for when the floodlight automatically turns on upon motion or audio detection. Users can adjust the sensitivity threshold via the Arlo app as well as toggle constant or pulsating light patterns.
A full list of features included with the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera can be found below.
• Superior Brightness: Powerful LED’s illuminate a wide area, activated by motion or manually.
• 2K Video with HDR: Zoom in on objects and see clearer details and colours in 2K HDR during live or recorded video viewing.
• Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking in the dark with colour night vision or traditional black and white.
• 160-degree Diagonal View: Keep an eye on more of what matters with a wider field-of- view.
• 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors clearly with superior audio quality.
• Built-in Siren: Trigger your siren automatically, or manually from the app.
• XL Rechargeable Battery: Convenient and long-lasting battery to take the expense out of security.
• Custom Control: Enhance protection with custom floodlight and camera settings.
• Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control.
JB Hi Fi has the release date as 11th June.