The Americana Music Prize of Australia is an annual grant to support up-and-coming artists in the genre, and has been launched today as a joint initiative of Shane Nicholson/The Sound Hole, Forbes Street Studios and Lost Highway Australia.
Of this latest initiative to support the genre that he has become so recognised for, Nicholson has explained, “We want to support, encourage, mentor, and resource aspiring unsigned artists in the Americana/ alt-country scene in Australia and this is a great way to kick start a career.”
The judging panel for the Americana Music Prize of Australia includes Triple M’s Jane Gazzo, noted journalist Bernard Zuel, Rolling Stone Australia‘s Rod Yates, the Country Music Channel’s Tim Daley, Love Police’s Brian Taranto and others. Which brings us to the prize, what’s on offer?
A $10,000 prize pack that can boost a winner’s career impressively, check out the goods below:
- One day of recording and production of an EP at Forbes Street Studio, two days at The Sound Hole. Shane Nicholson will be on board for production, recording and mixing duties.
- Mastering by Jeff McCormack at Music Cellar
- Professional photo shoot with Glen Hannah
- Artwork design and collaboration with Gong Design
- Professional filmed and edited EPK courtesy of MC Imaging
- Artist Bio written by Michael Dwyer
- Management consultation/career advice session with Graham Thompson Management
- Touring/Promoter consultation session with Zenon Els of Artist Network
- Specific press opportunities including a piece in Rhythms Magazine
- EP Distribution offer from Lost Highway Australia/Universal Music
All you need to do to enter is submit your song demo with an artist synopsis and press kit (bio, photos, videos etc) by March 2nd, at 5pm. Head here to get started – the winner will be announced on March 24th at the Crossroads in the Vines Country Music Festival!