Exclusive Single Premiere: Smoke Rings “Go To Hell” (2017)

Smoke Rings come puffing strong today with a new single in “Go To Hell”. The title seems pretty harsh, right? Don’t be dissuaded.

The guitar pop charm the Melbourne group has harnessed on record as a result of sessions with Malcolm Besley (City Calm Down, Northeast Party House) shines brightly. The vocals and dynamic blend of percussion and guitar hark back to the heyday of Britpop bands of the late 90’s and early 00’s. Catchy and easy to play multiple times through, “Go To Hell” is a nice little indicator of what’s still to come from Smoke Rings as they prepare for the release of a new EP this year.

“The song is 99% about the ‘elephant in the room’ between you and someone you care about,” frontman Shane O’keeffe has said. “[and] keeping your mouth shut because if you tell them what you really think they are most likely going to tell you to ‘Go To Hell’. The other 1%…well, it just rhymed.”

Pretty simples, no?

Catch Smoke Rings on tour down the east coast!

May 13th | The Gasometer, MELBOURNE
with Morning Harvey

June 3rd | Croxton Bandroom, MELBOURNE
with Northeast Party House, Mosquito Coast

June 30th | Waywards, SYDNEY
with Shearin’

Photo by WILK.


This content has recently been ported from its original home on The AU Review: Music and may have formatting errors – images may not be showing up, or duplicated, and galleries may not be working. We are slowly fixing these issue. If you spot any major malfunctions making it impossible to read the content, however, please let us know at editor AT theaureview.com.
Tags: ,