Organised by the team behind the Emerging Writers Festival, the Digital Writers Festival is the only one of its kind in the world, held entirely online and streamed live through YouTube. Now in its third year, the DWF will take place from November 1st to November 11th.
Aimed at exploring the possibilities for writing in the Internet Age, festival events include bookclubs, panels, performances, and workshops.
- The launch of Spacie: The Science and Culture Magazine
- My Brilliant Bookclub, an interactive look at Australian classic My Brilliant Career which allows readers to annotate the book online
- Email subscription and panel discussion Women of TinyLetters, with leading writers sending letters to themselves at ages 13, 43, and 73
- The Writers Night School, a series of small, collaborative workshops
- Don’t Read The Comments, a look at political writing online
“I am delighted to be able to unveil my first Digital Writers’ Festival today,” said Jane Howard, the new DWF director. “This year we ask our audiences to consider the broad possibilities for writing for the internet. In the Internet Age we have unsurpassed means of expression and communication so the possibilities for writers are limited only by our imagination. We want to unlock some of those possibilities in writers over the eleven days of the festival.”
For full program and ticketing details, please visit the Digital Writers Festival website.