It's a shame we won't get to see any coverage of the Glastonbury Festival this year due to the preparation of the 2012 London Olympics (still exciting though!), however, there are plenty of other offerings over the coming months that are sure to please. Only if you're planning to travel overseas in the near future though... For the rest of us, we'll just have to live vicariously through our well-travelled friends.
In order of sequence, here is our list for the top ten international summer festivals:
1. Primavera Sound (Barcelona, Spain) - May 30 to June 3
2. Free Press Summer Fest (Houston, Texas, USA) - June 2 and 3
3. The Governors Ball (New York City, New York, USA) - June 23 and 24
4. Pitchfork Music Festival (Union Park, Chicago, Illinois, USA) - July 13, 14 and 15
5. Capitol Hill Block Party (Seattle, Washington, USA) - July 20, 21 and 22
6. Lollapalooza (Grant Park, Chicago, Illinois, USA ) - August 3, 4 and 5
7. Osheaga Music & Arts Festival (Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal, Canada) - August 3, 4 and 5
8. Outside Lands (Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California, USA) - August 10, 11 and 12
9. Reading & Leeds (Reading and Leeds, England, United Kingdom) - August 24, 25 and 26
10. Bumbershoot - Seattle's Music & Arts Festival (Seattle Center, Seattle, Washington, USA) - September 1, 2 and 3
Cover photo by Serena Ho, taken at the Melbourne Harvest Festival.