During these unprecedented times, when staying at home is of the utmost importance, us here at The AU Review are going to be doing everything we can to help readers live their best lives, indoors.
As with many other media companies who typically focus on getting folks out and about, we’re shifting to adapt to the necessary lock-downs taking place all over the world. One way we’ll be doing so is simply by sharing our favourite recipes.
Over the next few weeks (or months, who knows) we’ll be publishing the cocktail and food recipes that we find most exciting, so that when you aren’t ordering in to support your favourite venues, you’ll know enough to quickly throw together some top-class concoctions.
Opened in 2018, Solaz is an architectural masterpiece of a property, adding to the already ritzy spread of luxury resorts drawing holidaymakers to Los Cabos. A member of Luxury Collection Resorts, the property has a lot going for it in terms of food and drink, sharpening focus on local ingredients and fresh Mexican flavours.
Here we’ve got the recipe for one of their signature cocktails, Pasiflora (passionflower), named a plant with a particular flower due to its shape and beauty, which is used for its medicinal properties, but also in food and beverages, as a flavouring. The active ingredients in passionflower have calming and sleep-inducing effects, so their main use is as a painkiller or relaxant in the case of nerves and stress, migraines and insomnia.
- 100ml Martini prosecco
- 25ml St. Germain
- 45ml Aloe Vera juice
- 10ml Mezcal Verde (or any type of mezcal)
- Orange sliced in halves – 1 per glass
- Raspberries – 2 full per glass
- Strawberries – 2 diced per glass
- Blackberries – 2 halved per glass
- Peppermint – 1 short stick with leaves
- Ice cubes to the top of the glass
- Highball glass
- Pour ice cubes, St Germain, Aloe Vera juice, and Mezcal into highball glass. Stir.
- Integrate all the rest of the fruits.
- Activate the peppermint stick with a clap, garnish into glass.
You can get Martini Prosecco from amatos.com.au.